The Executive Committee (EC) guides the HUG; it implements the decisions of the Board, and its chairman, the managing director, receives his instructions from the Chair of the Board of Directors.
In 2015, this body handled 598 cases and met 42 times, including 37 as a select group and 5 as an extended committee.
As part of its work, the EC:
- prepared the 2016-2019 four-year financial plan and 2016-2019 services contract
- initiated work on implementing the 20/20 Vision Strategic Plan and involved all project managers
- established a philanthropic partnership programme
- formed a Project Manager Office (PMO) for the management, monitoring and coordination of institutional projects
- prepared the documentation for obtaining REKOLE® cost accounting certification
- changed the governance of the information system
- approved the extended opening of two elective operating rooms until 6pm and 8pm
- adopted measures to improve patient comfort.
In 2015, the members of the EC were as follows:
- Bertrand Levrat, Chairman of the Executive Committee and Managing Director
- François Taillard, Deputy Managing Director (deputy chair)
- Michèle Righetti, Deputy Managing Director (deputy chair), from 1st May 2015
- Henri Bounameaux, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Director of Education and Research
- Pierre Dayer, Medical Director, until 28 February 2015 then Arnaud Perrier from 1st March 2015
- Jacques Hertzschuch, Human Resources Director
- André Laubscher, Director of Care
- Sylvia Meyer, Director of Communications, from 23 March 2015
- Brigitte Rorive Feytmans, Director of Finance.