In line with our decentralisation approach, each department is headed by a department head, assisted by a management committee. Their role is to ensure the proper application of the following, within the department and its services:
- legal and regulatory provisions
- decisions of the Council of State and the Board of Directors
- decisions of the Executive Committee and senior management.
As part of the resources entrusted to it, each management committee:
- adopts the draft revenue and expenditures budget of the department and its services
- ensures proper implementation of the voted budget
- oversees the conduct of specific projects
- adopts the activity report and accounts.
In 2015, each management committee met between 7 and 11 times; they were chaired by:
- Prof. Dominique Belli, Head of Child and Adolescent Services (9 sessions)
- Prof. Martin Tramèr, Head of the Anaesthesiology, Pharmacology and Intensive Care Department (11 sessions)
- Patrick Armaingaud, Director of the Operations Department (9 sessions)
- Prof. Olivier Irion, Head of the Gynaecology and Obstetrics Department (11 sessions)
- Prof. Jean-Michel Gaspoz, Head of the Community Medicine, Primary Care and Emergency Department (9 sessions)
- Prof. Jean-Michel Aubry, Head of the Mental Health and Psychiatry Department (10 sessions)
- Prof. Denis Hochstrasser, Head of the Genetic Medicine and Laboratory Department (7 sessions)
- Prof. Pierre Hoffmeyer, Head of Surgical Services until September 2015 followed by Professor Philippe Morel from 1st October 2015 (8 sessions)
- Prof. Pierre-Yves Martin, Head of Medical Specialties (10 sessions)
- Prof. Arnaud Perrier, Head of the Internal Medicine, Rehabilitation and Geriatrics Department until the end of February 2015, followed by Prof. Anne-Françoise Allaz from 1st March 2015 (9 sessions)
- Prof. Christoph Becker, Head of the Imaging and Medical Informatics Department (9 sessions)
- Prof. Armin Schnider, Head of the Clinical Neurosciences Department (9 sessions)
- Dr Gilbert Zulian, Head of the Rehabilitation and Palliative Medicine Department (9 sessions).