Duties: Why we exist
Geneva Law on Health (FR) entrusts HUG with three main missions:
- Treatment and care: The HUG responds to the healthcare needs of a community of 500,000 people with additional patients from other regions of Switzerland and abroad; they handle some 80,000 emergencies per year.
- Teaching: In collaboration with the Faculty of Medicine and professional schools, the HUG admits 600 physicians and 800 health professionals for training every year.
- Research: In close collaboration with the University of Geneva Faculty of Medicine (FR), the HUG leads top-level medical research and actively contributes to progress in medicine through advanced research in medical and healthcare disciplines.
Vision: the path to follow
An institution’s vision is its path and intended destination. HUG’s consists of five strategic objectives
- To excel for the patient
- To give meaning to staff commitment
- To work better together
- To maintain HUG’s position in the Lake Geneva health network
- To prepare for the future
An institution’s principles represents its credo. At HUG, four principles guide our staff to focus on a single mission: