As a leading economic player, Geneva University Hospitals employ 10,826 people, equivalent to 9207 full-time jobs. Seven in every ten employees are women. Four in ten employees work part time. In 2015, the HUG hired 907 people.
Note: percentages are rounded up, so the total is not always 100%.
Source: Human Resources Department
* Nationals of the countries in the European Free Trade Association
** Nationals of countries of the European Union
Training the next generation
- 710 resident doctors positions
- 167.4 clinic leader positions in training
- 1136 medical interns
- 1553 health professional trainees
- 341 other trainees
- 173 apprentices, including 79 in the field of healthcare.
In 2015, seventeen doctors from the HUG, including four women, were made professors at the University of Geneva's Faculty of Medicine.
- 5 Associate Professors: Barbara Broers Kayser, Paola Gasche, Emiliano Giostra, Philippe Huber and Heimo Steffen
- 10 Full Professors: Anne-Françoise Allaz, Thierry Berney, Léo Bühler, Jules Desmeules, Didier Hannouche, Denis Jabaudon-Gandet, Mathieu Nendaz, Marc Righini, Margitta Seeck and Dipen Shah
- 2 Tenured Professors: Bernard Genin and Pierre-Auguste Petignat.