Political and Legal Framework

HUG is a public medical facility, as defined by the Public Medical Institutions Act (FR) (RSGE K 2 05; LEPM).

To this end:

Up to 55% of HUG's budget is subsidized by the State of Geneva (FR). The remaining 45% comes from its own service revenues. It operates as an autonomous public institution.

Since 2008, its relationship with the State of Geneva has been regulated by a service contract, which is the basis for determining the subsidy and describes related duties. It also contains targets and quantifiable performance indicators to be achieved by the institution. The Service Contract is renegotiated every four years.

Service Contract 2023 2027 (FR)

Last update : 18/06/2024