Chains of analyses...
After coming into operation in 2015, the laboratories and research building alone boasts a dozen innovative features, including:
- a pneumatic tube system to transport samples
- several systems of automated analyses, especially in the clinical chemistry and haematology labs
- an inoculator for plating bacterial cultures
- a cryobank capable of storing samples up to -196°C in liquid nitrogen containers
- a centralised biobank for storing samples for clinical or other studies.
6.5 million analyses
In 2015, the HUG carried out exactly 6,552,013 laboratory analyses, including 3% for external providers.