The Geneva region is a global magnet for biotechnology, life sciences and cutting edge medicine. At HUG, the spirit of innovation is expressed particularly in clinical research, conducted in close partnership with the University of Geneva Faculty of Medicine. HUG enjoys national and international recognition:
- in seven areas of cutting edge medicine
- as a WHO collaboration center in six disciplines
HUG Innovation is also (key figures 2020) :
- 233 research groups
- 1’246 publications in 2020
- 3 new patents filed
- 6 patents filed and 1 start-up
With their partners, every year HUG also organizes:
Innovation at HUG is also one of the most modern technical facilities in Europe :
- Overall value: 389 million Swiss francs.
- Investments: 19,8 million Swiss francs in 2020.
- Therapeutic teaching applied to chronic diseases
- Humanitarian medicine and disaster management
- Research and training in mental health
- Telemedicine and eHealth