A leading economic player, HUG employs 11,148 people, which is equivalent to 9,312.9 full-time jobs. This figure is rising in line with the integration of the Joli-Mont and Montana Clinics. Seven out of ten staff members are female. Four out of ten employees work part-time. In 2016, HUG hired 907 people.
Nota bene: rounded percentages, the total does not always come to 100%.
Source: Human resources division
* Nationals from European Free Trade Area countries
** Nationals from European Union countries
Training the next generation
- 742 junior doctor posts
- 160.4 posts for senior residents in training
- 1,166 medical trainees
- 1,612 healthcare professional trainees
- 338 other trainees
- 188 apprentices, including 77 in the field of health
In 2016, thirty-four HUG physicians, including seven women, were appointed as professors at the University of Geneva’s Faculty of Medicine.
- 10 assistant professors : Marc Ansari, Karim Bendjelid, Yvan Gasche, Philippe Millet, Fabienne Perren, Pascal Senn, Sylvain Terraz, Maria Isabel Vargas Gomez, Nicolas Vuilleumier et Serge Vulliemoz
- 10 associate professors : Tony Fracasso, Friedhelm Hummel, Guerkan Kaya, Eniko Kovari, Valérie Mc Lin, Doron Merkler, Sophie Pautex, Bruno Roche, Georges Savoldelli et Jacques Serratrice
- 10 full professors : Carole Bourquin Stroher, Pierre Burkhard, Carlo Chizzolini, Silke Grabherr, Walid Habre, Christoph Huber, Christophe Iselin, Paul Krack, Marc-Joseph Licker, Martine Louis Simonet et René Prêtre
- 4 tenured professors : Tiziano Cassina, Michel Erne, Paolo Merlani et Andreas Perren.
Five directors were also appointed in 2016.