Mr. Laurent Tran
Head of Legal Affairs
The legal affairs directorate combines legal activities, mediation activities and handling serious adverse events.
Several priorities define their main missions:
- Establish and provide legal advice for the entire HUG workforce and for the various professional directorates with legal issues related to their professional practice;
- manage indictment files for the HUG’s liability and/or the criminal or administrative accountability of staff;
- draft and update internal regulations;
- participate in handling serious adverse events, claims and following up with procedures before the (Patients Rights and Supervisory Committee) Commission de surveillance et des droits des patients
- prepare release of confidential files;
- develop and participate in teaching employees about health and labor law.
- provide an opportunity for every person to express the difficulties they encountered during their hospital stay;
- facilitate communication and re-establish dialog with the institution;
- bring forward the concerns of patients or their families and close friends to health professionals with the best information and mutual understanding;
- sensitize health professionals about the patients’ hospital experience, from the point of view of improving perceptions about care quality of care.
Serious Adverse Events Sector (EIG)
- collect EIG statements made by staff and ensure handling by the coordination unit, from a quality perspective;
- guarantee the follow-up of possible recommendations formulated for each situation.