A leading economic player, HUG employs 11,560 people, which is equivalent to 9,842.10 full-time jobs. Seven out of ten staff members are female. Four out of ten employees work part-time. In 2017, HUG hired 1,051 people.
Nota bene: rounded percentages, the total does not always come to 100%.
Source: Human resources division
* Nationals from European Free Trade Area countries
** Nationals from European Union countries
Training the next generation
- 785.5 junior doctor posts
- 160 posts for senior residents in training
- 412 medical trainees (not including trainees from the Faculty of Medicine)
- 1,488 healthcare professional trainees
- 320 other trainees
- 203 apprentices, including 107 in the field of health
In 2017, twenty-five HUG physicians, including six women, were appointed as professors in the University of Geneva’s Faculty of Medicine.
- 4 assistant professors: Idris Guessous, Christophe Luthy, Nicolas Mach and Eduardo Schiffer
- 12 associate professors: Haran Burri, Alexandra Calmy, Pierre Chappuis, Pierre Chopard, Pierre Fontana, Annick Galetto, Yasser Khazaal, Patrice Lalive d’Epinay, Xavier Montet, Julius Popp, Olivier Rutschmann and Stéphane Sizonenko
- 6 full professors: Marc-Joël Abramowicz, Stefan Kaiser, Begona Martinez de Tejada Weber, Nadia Micali, Clara Posfay and Bara Ricou
- 3 tenured professors: Guido Garavaglia, Agostino Mattei and Osman Ratib
One director was also appointed in 2017: Sandra Merkli, to healthcare management, as a member of the executive committee.