Opening of the Julliard building
Completed at the end of 2016, the new hospital building welcomed its first patients on 28 March 2017. The intensive care unit, with a single reception, opened in May. In September, it was the operating theatres’ turn to become operational.
It should be noted that the Gustave Julliard building also includes:
- two arcades: the HUG one hosts information and mediation activities; while the imad one makes it easier to organise home help and care
- a coffee shop and brasserie Chez Gustave
- a lecture theatre for conferences and training
- the innovation centre (FR), which functions as an ideas incubator to bring innovative projects to light and make them a reality
- a public pharmacy open 24/7, which is run by Pharmagenève.
188 two-bed rooms
The major new feature of the Gustave Julliard building lies in the widespread use of two-bed rooms (one bed for isolation rooms). All feature a shower and toilet and a large bay window.