The HUG Obstetrics Division, directed by Professor Begoña Martinez de Tejada Weber is the largest Maternity in Switzerland. Around 4,019 babies were born there in 2020.
- Provide care for pregnant women, from the pregnancy test to delivery (including Caesarean deliveries), as well as during the post-partum period
- Monitor normal and high-risk pregnancies
- Provide care for women undergoing therapeutic abortions at a gestational age greater than 12 weeks
- Provide services in fetal medicine (monitoring, diagnostics, intrauterine treatment)
- Receive women and couples in the safest and most comfortable environment while respecting each person's privacy and values.
The division engages, on a daily basis, in teamwork between midwives, obstetricians, neonataologists and anesthesiologists, with an ongoing concern for safety and humanitarianism. The priority given to physiology is a clear commitment to efforts to prevent medical risks and support parents undergoing difficult medical, psychological and social situations.
UNICEF has certified the HUG Maternity as a “Baby-Friendly Hospital", and it is committed to promoting breastfeeding.
Explore with a virtual visit: