Pregnancy and obesity, A multidisciplinary care program
The Maternity Contrepoids® [Weight Management] Program, launched in late 2016, is the result of a collaboration between the High-risk Obstetric Unit and the [Contrepoids] Weight Management Program
- a consultation
- monitoring after the pregnancy for the mother and child
The program is for women who are overweight or obese and who:
- are pregnant
- are planning on getting pregnant
The Contrepoids® [Weight Management] Maternity program objectives are as follows:
- control weight gain during pregnancy so that it is not excessive and help the woman return to her original weight
- early detection of maternal, fetal or infantile complications through appropriate care
- prevent long-term complications linked to maternal obesity and childhood obesity.
The program brings together specialists from several disciplines to support the future mother, and offers multi-disciplinary, personalized, and long-term care. The team provides care during the pregnancy, the stay in Maternity, and then with the family.
Contact: 022 372 44 00 or email@example.com
Obesity in pregnant women is on the rise. At HUG Maternity, the largest in Switzerland, 30% of pregnant women are overweight, and more than half of these are obese.
The Maternity Contrepoids® [Weight Management] Program received support from the HUG Private Foundation.
To find out more about the Maternity Contrepoids [Weight Management] Program
- Program brochure
- Article published in Pulsations January-February-March 2017
- Pulsations TV October 2017: