The HUG Gynecology Division has specific expertise in pediatric and adolescent gynecological treatment. A specialized and multidisciplinary medical team receives girls and adolescents at an office dedicated to them. It receives over 1,500 patients per year.
The pediatric or adolescent gynecology consultation is a special opportunity to change the relationship the girl or adolescent has with her body and her genitals. This first-line consultation also allows for screening, education and prevention (pregnancy, STDs).
The adolescent gynecological consultation: especially for you
- Are my periods normal?
- Are my genitals normal?
- Why am I in a bad mood before and during my period? Why does it hurt?
- I’m 14 years old and I haven’t had my period yet. Is it normal?
- I have vaginal discharge.
- My breasts are not the same. Is it normal?
- I am 15 years old and I have a boyfriend. I would like the pill.
- What are sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)?
- My period is late. I think I’m pregnant
Do you have questions about your body or your sexuality?A specialized gynecology consultation manages your gynecological problems and answers your questions.
What problems are handled?
- Problems with periods
- Infections and STDs
- Congenital deformities
- Ambiguous genitalia
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Follow-up and support for pregnant adolescents (continuation or termination of the pregnancy)
- Sexual violence
Depending on the age and the gynecological problem to treat, the consultation occurs at one of the following three locations:
- Pediatrics Division You can contact the pediatric reference nurse at +41(0)79 553 02 73
- Youth Health Unit
- Gynecology Division
Dr. Michal YaronHead of Outpatient Gynecology Consultations