Coronavirus epidemic recommendations for transplant patients
A coronavirus (Covid-19) epidemic is currently raging through many countries, including Switzerland. The Division of Transplant Surgery at the HUG wants to share information with our transplant patients.
Mission of the Transplant Division
- Provide testing, treatment and medical and surgical monitoring for patients undergoing solid organ transplants (liver, kidney, pancreas, pancreatic islet, small intestine, multi-organ transplants).
- As part of the Western Switzerland University Transplant Center, provide monitoring of heart and lung transplant patients from Geneva who have been operated at the CHUV.
- Master technical competency in liver, kidney, pancreas, pancreatic islet, small intestine and multi-organ transplants, in collaboration with the Visceral Surgery Division.
- Host the local Transplant Coordination Center.
- Participate in several transplant registers at the Swiss and European level, and also in Swiss Transplant Cohort studies.
- Participate in organ harvesting and transplantation for pediatric recipients who are operated at the Children's Hospital.
- Participate in the GRAGIL Network for pancreatic islet transplantation, with the new Cell Therapy Laboratory.
View the website of the Transplant Surgery Division