Your cooperation is crucial for the success of the procedure. Please follow the recommendations below:
- Medication: only take medication authorized by the anesthesiologist during the consultation appointment and report any medication taken, including aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs or blood thinners.
- Dentures, jewelry, contact lenses, piercings or other devices (except hearing aids and glasses if worn) should be removed before your arrival in the operating room.
To reduce the risks of accident or infection caused by gastric fluid entering your lungs, follow the recommendations below:
- Food: do not eat, suck on candy or chew gum less than six hours before the procedure.
- Beverages: stop drinking fluids six hours prior to the procedure; only clear liquids (water or tea) are permitted up to two hours before the procedure; after that time, all beverages are prohibited.
- Smoking: it is advisable to stop smoking at least 12 hours before the procedure
Note : to limit the risks of theft or loss, only bring in items that are absolutely necessary.