Mission of the Intensive Care Division
- Supporting adult patients who present with or who are at immediate risk of developing vital organ failure in the context of a disease or its complications, whether medical or surgical.
- For these patients, defining, with the parties involved (patients, families, internal and external staff), the intensity of care to be provided, which includes the optimized management of end of life.
- Providing investigations, treatment and monitoring of patients when investigations or the treatment may lead to complications that put the lives of patients in danger.
- Safeguarding the post-operative period following organ transplantation and the mission of organ donation.
- Advising and intervening when necessary during intensive care situations in various HUG divisions.