Mission of the Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Division
- Provide clinical diagnostic services using new molecular imaging technology and, in particular, using radioactive sources that can be administered to patients.
- Use radio-isotopes for therapeutic purposes and for certain laboratory tests, as a complement to the services provided by other HUG departments.
- Develop new tracers and biomarkers applicable to molecular imaging.
- Provide services to diagnose osteoporosis and evaluate body composition, using specific equipment (X-rays and ultrasound equipment).
- Contribute to the development of new clinical care and follow-up pathways for patients, based on the imaging of metabolic tracers, notably in the field of oncology, cardiology, pediatrics and neuroscience.