Mission of the Radiation Oncology Division
- To evaluate the therapeutic indication for all patients referred to the Radiation Oncology Division.
- To provide patients with appropriate information about radiotherapy that is tailored to their medical condition.
- To plan, carry out and control quality radiotherapy treatment.
- To administer treatment with ionizing radiation (including brachytherapy).
- To monitor patients clinically during radiotherapy, to assess response and ensure an optimal tolerance to treatment.
- To assist with patient monitoring after radiotherapy with the aim to optimize the management of radiotherapy side-effects and tumor reduction.