Drop in beforehand!
As soon as you know the date of your admission to hospital, we advise you to drop in to our Admissions Office a few days in advance, if your state of health permits. This gives you a chance to complete the administrative formalities and save yourself the trouble on the day of your admission to hospital.
What you need to be registered for admission:
- the letter of referral from your doctor (HUG consultant or your general practitioner)
- insurance card or cover guarantee from your health insurance fund or insurance company
- an identity document (passport, identity card, family record book or residence permit for foreigners living in Switzerland)
- if admitted following an accident: the health insurer’s decision, quoting the claim number
- decision of the statutory Invalidity Insurance, if this is the reason for your admission to hospital
- if you are not fully covered by a recognized insurer or your care is not covered under health insurance law, you will need a deposit or certification of deposit.