Mission of the Pediatric Admissions and Emergency Division
- Meet, 24/7, 365 days a year, the acute psychological and somatic care needs of pediatric patients in the canton of Geneva, and in neighboring cantons and neighboring France.
- Assess vital functions and ensure the urgent somatic or psychiatric stabilization of patients.
- Proceed with urgent investigations necessary for treatment and/or patient orientation decisions.
- After an initial assessment, organize the use of referral expertise according to the patient's care needs.
- Organize the return of patients to their home or transfer to a place of care appropriate to their condition.