You have activated the high contrast version of the site. For more info on this topic, please visit this page.
The date of your discharge is decided by agreement with your doctor. It is planned with you, to help your return to everyday life.
Before you leave hospital, please make sure you have received the following:
- a notification of discharge
- a doctor’s / sick-leave certificate (if necessary)
- a card indicating your treatment
- a prescription (if necessary)
- a physiotherapy or domiciliary care prescription (if necessary)
- a record booklet for follow-up treatment (if necessary)
- a follow-up appointment with your general practitioner or at the hospital.
You are free to leave the hospital at any time. If you decide to do so against medical advice, having been informed of the risks you face, your healthcare staff will ask you to sign a self-discharge form, releasing them from liability.
A medical report will be sent to your general practitioner in the form of a letter of discharge. Unless you request otherwise, it is sent to the doctor who referred you to hospital. You may request a copy.
You can visit the Arcade imad homecare team on the first floor of the Gustave Julliard building.
Before leaving hospital, please do not forget to collect:
The canton of Geneva possesses an extensive domiciliary care and support network offering a wide variety of services, including housekeeping and home delivery of meals. Ask a member of the nursing staff for more information.