The different units and teams in the Orthopedic Surgery and Musculoskeletal Trauma Care Division conduct research projects.
The results of their work is published (FR).
Principal Research Facilities in the Orthopedic Surgery Division
- Arthroplasty Database
- Fractures Database
- Computer-aided Surgery Group
- Orthopedic Epidemiology Research Group
- Kinesiology Laboratory
- “Myoblasts” Research Group in collaboration with Department of Cell Physiology and Metabolism of UNIGE
- “Stem Cell” Research group in collaboration with the Department of Physiology and Internal Medicine
- Orthopedic Infectiology Research Group in collaboration with the Infectious Diseases Division.
- “Hip” Research Group in collaboration with Artanim
- Surgical Anatomy Group with the Anatomy Division
Principal areas of research for the Physical Medicine and Orthopedic Rehabilitation Unit
- Platelet rich plasma
- Prevention of joint injury (shoulder, knee, hip)
- Rehabilitation protocol after ankle sprains
Principal areas of research for the Orthopedics and Sports Traumatology Unit
- Return to sports after knee injuries
- Performance analysis in cycling
- Performance investigations - accelerometry
- Measure, identify and understand pathological movement
- Define and evaluate new therapeutic solutions to protect or restore movement
- Predict changes in movement and their progression