- Visites virtuelles
Mission of the Biomedical Engineering Division
The mission of the Biomedical Engineering Division (BED) is to:
- Provide technological monitoring and technical advice to doctors and the General Directorate.
- Plan applications for the acquisition and updating of medical equipment and medical/technical platform restructuring.
- Coordinate the procedures for equipment acquisition, needs analysis, installation and operational implementation with respect to the users, and technical and IT services.
- Be a guarantor of the suitability of the purchasing process with respect to the needs of patients and users and with respect to institutional and regulatory constraints.
- Lead multi-professional working groups in the context of technical studies of materials or medical/technical platforms.
- Participate in construction projects and manage the equipment program during the construction project study and implementation phases.
- Provide an evaluation of the risks related to its area of activity and the proper functioning of the equipment.
- Implementation and monitoring of medical devices vigilance prescriptions (the Head of the Biomedical Engineering Division is the HUG medical device vigilance correspondent with respect to SwissMedic).